I wanted to publish a first release for the package but ran into problems after installing and importing the package.
After running through a few more test alpha releases I was able to make a couple of adjustments and eventually install and use the package as intended.
Additionally, I forgot to import all the new table definitions into the main
In the last post I removed the
setup.py file and only had the
setup.cfg in the project. When I tested the package, I may have still been using the local version, and therefore the package was still working.
Before the first release, I wanted to test the client from a new virtual environment. When I downloaded and tried to import the
Bea client I got a "Module Not Found" error.
Reviewing the packaging python projects guide I noticed that the example project had both the
Therefore, I added both files to the project (after trying a couple of different configurations). That solved the import error, but then I started receiving an import error for
Relative Import Error
Traceback (most recent call last): File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module> File "/Users/jarrettretz/venv/lib/python3.9/site-packages/beasy/beasy.py", line 2, in <module> from .tables.tables import ( ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'beasy.tables'
The folder configuration in the package had
tables.py nested inside of the
It worked locally but failed when I installed it from PyPI. I couldn't solve the issue by keeping
tables.py inside its own folder. I pulled it out of the folder and put it at the same level as
I think I could have solved the issue by adding an
__init__.py file to the
tables folder, but I didn't want to put in the effort because it wasn't important to the project that
tables.py was in its own folder.
After changing the import statement in
beasy.py I rebuilt the package, published it to PyPI, installed the newest version, and was able to use the package as intended.
You can visit the first release of
beasy on PyPI at https://pypi.org/project/beasy/
You can see the source code for
beasy on Github at https://github.com/jdretz/simple-bea-client